Just before the December holidays,Community Work Programme participants went to Raglan Road Clinic to reap the rewards of their planting. They have planted cabbages, carrots, beetroot and pumpkin for the clinic’s elderly patients. They also provide vegetables to the Multipurpose Centre Old Age home in Raglan Road. ‘The giving hand is the blessed one,’ said supervisor Nobathembu Peter. – Story and photo by Lindani Donyeli
- Almost 50 GADRA alumni graduate from Rhodes this week!
- How it feels to go without water for seven days
- Cleaning Kowie River and Fairview Spring for World Water Day
- Local soccer teams avoid SAB Regional League relegation!
- Bongani Fule: new Eastern Cape Junior Lightweight champion!
- Bathurst Book Fair is back with a bang!
- In the words of Nelson Mandela, “To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity”
- Avbob 2023 Poetry Competition Winner: Sithembele Isaac Xhegwana of Makhanda