Fire fighters and traffic officials were quick to respond when a fire broke out in Pick n Pay’s used packaging storage room in African Street, Grahamstown around 7pm last night Wednesday 20 September.
Manager Jon Campbell told Grocott’s Mail no one was injured in the incident.
“The fire department and the traffic police responded very quickly,” Campbell said. “It might have been a lot worse otherwise.”
Officials had left the scene by 9pm.
Police spokesperson Captain Mali Govender said no case was opened and confirmed that no one was injured.
- Update 22 September 2017 includes police response.