Grade 11 and 12 pupils from Ntsika Secondary School headed for the Festival Gallery on the corner of Somerset and High streets after school last Friday, to see their work on display there. The exhibition, which will run until next Friday (8 September) represents a small selection of work by Ntsika visual art students who have been taking visual art as a subject through Carinus for the past few years. The project was initiated by Creative City with the support of the EU, with the aim of affording students the opportunity to study visual as a matric subject – something not previously offered at Ntsika. Their teachers are well known artists Jackie Jones, Peter Jones and Lindy Lombard along with Carinus staff.
- SAC and DSG matric class of 1990 donate 64 dresses to Nathaniel Nyaluza for matric farewell
- Children in the Eastern Cape are not being fed enough at school
- I-Amazwi isindleke umsitho wokubhiyozela usuku lokungamafa namagugu
- ‘Oh, the water came today’
- Eluxolweni Child Youth Care Centre showcases young talent
- Local mom wants urgent liver transplant for toddler
- Explore Makhanda’s African Cuisine